By Cherie Calbom with John Calbom
Publication Date: January 4, 2005
Low-carb diets such as Atkins and South Beach are currently the hottest weight loss programs on the market. But they don’t work at all for some people, and they could work faster and more effectively for many others with the addition of one simple ingredient: coconut oil.
On the heels of the smash success The Ultimate Smoothie Book, comes THE COCONUT DIET (Warner Books Hardcover, January 4, 2005; $19.95). This comprehensive guide to becoming healthier and thinner is based on groundbreaking research that proves coconut oil promotes weight loss and better overall health. Nutritionist and author Cherie Calbom, along with John Calbom, have designed a health plan that offers a 21-day weight loss program and includes a 4 –week cleansing program. THE COCONUT DIET also includes delicious recipes, customer testimonials, a buying guide, and advice on how to improve health problems and prevent cancer.
THE COCONUT DIET pinpoints why people can utilize coconut oil to look better, feel better, and live a life free of illness. The diet has long been established in tropical cultures where the coconut is a staple food and the locals are healthy and trim. Studies show that people who have a traditional diet rich in coconut don’t usually experience heart disease, obesity, and other degenerative diseases common in Western culture among people eating a traditional Western diet. Additionally, coconut oil facilitates fat loss. It is predominantly made up of medium chain triglycerides that the body can metabolize quickly, by converting fats to energy rather than storing them.
Cherie and John Calbom carefully detail how readers can enhance their lifestyle through a myriad of techniques that will speed metabolism, prevent disease, regulate blood sugar, repair digestive disorders, control cardiovascular illness, protect the liver, and aid in significant weight loss. The book includes helpful aids, such as:
- Quizzes – to determine a low thyroid, a case of candidiasis, or fibromyalgia syndrome.
- Cleansing Plans – to eliminate toxins from the liver, gallbladder, colon, and kidneys that will result in weight loss, better digestion, increased energy, a stronger immune system, and healthier skin, nails, and hair.
- Shopping Lists – an in-depth list of both foods that cause health ailments and foods that improve health conditions, as well as a list of foods to buy for the coconut diet.
- A 21-Day weight loss program – to kick start the diet with carefully selected foods and suggestions for each meal of everyday, making the diet easy, exciting, and effective!
- Recipes – a creative collection of over 70 delicious recipes which include Vegetable quiche On-the-go, Crispy Coconut Chicken Salad, Thai Coconut Salmon, low-carb coconut smoothies, and more mouth-watering dishes.
- Testimonials – inspirational stories from people of every background who used the coconut diet to improve their quality of life.
For anyone who feels helpless in the battle to lose weight or is facing a difficult health crisis, THE COCONUT DIET is a viable solution. In a country where the problem of obesity is all too common, it is time for people to become proactive with a new diet, a new lifestyle, and a new outlook on life. Coconut oil has worked for many and THE COCONUT DIET is the best guide to understanding its varied uses for astounding results.
ABOUT THE AUTHORS:
Known as a leading expert on nutrition, Cherie Calbom has earned a Master of Science degree in nutrition from Bastyr University . She frequently appears on QVC and speaks nationwide on the benefits of juicing and healthy living. She has written eight previous books.
John Calbom, M.A. is director of Trinity Retreat House, Vice President of Trinity Wellness Institute, and a certified HeartMath provider. He is a behavioral medicine specialist, psychotherapist, and Easter Orthodox priest. He was Vice President of St. Luke Medical Center where he worked as a behavioral medicine therapist.