It’s been said that the best gifts are the ones that come from the heart, and we couldn’t agree more. These simple homemade gifts are great for family, friends, and neighbors. Treat your loved ones to something special you’ve made just for them! What we love about these ideas is that you can make each one completely unique by packaging it in a creative or decorative container.
Coconut Sugar Body Scrub
Give the gift of pure and organic body care. This is a gentle, but effective hand & body scrub. Add various essential oils to create a soothing, energizing, or refreshing scent.
1. In a double boiler, melt coconut oil and mix in essential oils. If you don’t have a double boiler, melt directly over heat at a low temperature.
2. Allow oil mixture to cool, then mash in coconut sugar.
3. Divide scrub into containers and decorate, as you like. You might look for small jars and ribbon or raffia at a craft store, or cosmetic jars at a beauty supply store. Customize it with a charming label personalized for your recipient. This recipe yields about 1 ½ cups of scrub; various containers will hold different amounts.
Essential oil combinations:
• Relaxing lavender-vanilla
• Invigorating and uplifting orange & bergamot
• Refreshing peppermint
The holiday classic, popcorn in a tin, gets a delicious, wholesome twist. This is a gift we recommend giving within the same day or two of making it. It can also be made with our delicious kettle corn for a gift that’s “twice as nice!”
1/2 cups un-popped Popcorn
3 tablespoons and 1/2 cup Nutiva Coconut Oil, separated
2 cups Chocolate Chips
Himalayan Pink Salt (to taste)
Decorative Tins (available at craft stores and dollar stores)
1. In a heavy pot with a lid, melt coconut oil.
2. Add 3 popcorn kernels to the oil, cover, and cook over medium heat.
3. Once those kernels have popped, the oil is ready. Add the remaining popcorn.
4. Cover and continue heating, shaking the pan intermittently until the popping stops.
5. Pour popped popcorn into a large bowl and toss in salt to taste.
6. Spread popcorn on a cookie sheet, lined with parchment or wax paper.
1. In a double boiler, mix 1/2 cup coconut oil and 2 cups chocolate chips. Warm gently until melted and fully incorporated, then remove from heat.
2. Drizzle melted chocolate over popcorn.
3. Allow chocolate to set for about two hours or cool in the refrigerator for about 45 minutes.
4. Separate popcorn into pieces and divide into holiday tins. This recipe will yield about 8 cups of popcorn, and will fill one standard round cookie tin.
*Optional: Add a couple drops of peppermint oil to the melted chocolate mixture. After coating popcorn in chocolate, crush 12 mini-candy canes by placing them in a freezer bag, covering with wax paper, and hammering with a meat tenderizer (or a regular hammer). Sprinkle them over the popcorn.
Organic Peppermint Lip Balm
A great gift for anyone, organic lip balm is a gift that will last all year long!
½ cup Beeswax
½ cup Nutiva Coconut Oil
¼ cup Shea Butter
2 tablespoons Vitamin E Oil
2 tablespoons Jojoba Oil
2 teaspoon Peppermint Oil
1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
1. Melt all ingredients together in a double boiler and mix thoroughly.
2. Pour into containers and allow to cool into a solid state. Lip balm tins, tubs, and tubes can be ordered by the dozen online. Most are about .20-.25 oz, so this recipe yields about 12-15 individual lip balms.